Thursday, December 7, 2017

End of the Year Gratitude

As I look around my class, taking note of my students and their effort, I realize it is definitely that time of the year again.  It's that time when and where we grind it out, making last ditch efforts to cross that finish line of goals and resolutions we set 11 months ago in our past. 




How has your year gone?  Did you complete those wonderful goals, or did some life train crash on your tracks derailing your year, leaving you scratched and bruised on the wrong side picking glass from your hair?  Or did you find the right rhythm in your roller-coaster, and rode the looptie-loop like
a pro leaning to the side without squishing your arm, and ready for this ride to finally wind down? 






Whatever the fate you set for yourself, you're here, you've made it to this point.  So on that fact, I congratulate you.

A few weeks back, I placed a message to my students on the board.  The famous, or infamous quote stated, "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."  I felt it was poignant, and purposeful.  I'd like to revisit that for a moment and ask you, were you in a hole, did you create one, and have you stopped digging?  If you were in a hole, and got out, congrats, if you created one, and stopped digging, congrats, if you're still in a hole, trust in yourself, and know perseverance will not fail you. 




"If you're in a hole, stop digging." 






It's now 10:20am and I have a room (semi-full) of high-school students completing online credit-recovery classes.  Four of them are testing right now, one just completed and passed a test.  I am inspired every day I come to work,



 I am hopeful every time I open my door.



I wanted to take a moment to encourage all my readers.  I know I may not have many, but for those of you who are gracious enough to take time out of your day, to come and read my words, is encouraging and I am grateful.  I am a believer, a believer in you, your abilities and your dedication to that which you love.  You can accomplish anything you set your mind to, believing success is always within reach.

Thank you for taking your valuable time and reading me---C. Barbee, aka nabraska, aka poet402, aka dadddy's home

No comments:

Post a Comment