Wednesday, April 17, 2024

We got some mid-month poetry for U

 What's good peoples!!  I'm sitting here at my day job, (as a highschool dean) and just tryin' to get through my day.

Can I tell ya'll it's been rough AF today!!  Well like I tell the students, find a coping skill, use the shit out of it, and get through the day.

My coping skill is...yep, you guessed it--writing, posting, and publishing poetry.  So here is my poetry for the day, celebrating the month, and helping me cope!

Told you poetry is powerful!!





This That: My Job Sucks, Because I Work At A School Shit


I (adults)


It’s the 

two cents 

that’s senseless, 

but keeps 

adding up to 

the deficit I feel

when working this job.


These team messages 

be like a 

torch bearing mob,

or like 

the Italian mob,

but their messages 

ain’t gangsta’ enough

to be the 

Mob Boss–


I applied, was confirmed,

& accepted,

so let me do my, damn

job!

Support is cool,

but should only be given

when asked.

So if you just chimin’ in

it’s not really 

appreciated, & 

actually, it makes my day

more ass.

_____________


This That: My Job Sucks, Because I Work At A School Shit


II (students)


Ain’t wastin’ my 

breath

on babies who 

don’t believe they can

succeed

especially if their 

mind-frame ain’t 

ready for seeds 

to be, planted.

Wandering the halls

skippin’ class;

makin’ me lose my cool

& hollerin’---

dammit!


I’m like the 

Big Bad Bandit 

whose job it is t

to punish–

Refocus room like a jail cell

for youth &

I’m the Devil

running Hell,

whose job it is to,

set fire on they ass

till they learn from the blues,

they give, to 

others






No comments:

Post a Comment