Sunday, January 14, 2018

Not Your President's Twitter

Last week was my first week back to work.  And last week was another week filled with presidential blunders such as disrespectful and racist remarks he made about African nations.  It was week two of this wonderful 2018, and I was a bit inspired.  I wanted to bring this year in with some positivity rather than negativity.  This is why I've titled this post Not Your President's Twitter,  because things surrounding that subject somehow always go to the gutter.

So in honor of that I did a week's worth of tweets which had some form of #motivation in it.  Some of you may know that I follow #ThinkBigSundayWithMarsha, and usually post inspirational messages to followers and friends.  I thought of that concept, and said 'hey, for a week all I'm going to do is post motivational messages'.  So this will be the way we start off the new year, being motivated.  To all my readers, writers, and/or social media enthusiast, this is the year to get motivated and get going on the project of your choice







Monday

So the first post was just a pure selfie with a saying that I like to use whenever I'm working with youth or mental health patients.  "When you look good, you feel good", I've found that statement to be true with myself on many occasions.  This was the way I had to get ready for students, I'd been off for a lot of days.  As some of you know I run a credit recovery class for high-school students, and it's imperative that my high-school seniors get their credits to graduate.  So this is me, (in my new Christmas shirt) getting ready, and telling all my followers a positive and motivating message.

This was Monday.








Stats
(Monday)

Now I know that some of us will put stuff out there with an expectation of getting a good return, or having a tweet/post go 'viral'.  Now I' not expecting things to go viral, however, I am looking at engaging my audience more.  So we can see here, it wasn't too bad of a tweet--254 impressions.  I guess selfie's in classrooms with a inspirational message works in my #twitterverse






Tuesday

So if you can see it, this tweet was put out at 11:29am, and I was inspired by them.  Monday they worked hard, and did the same thing Tuesday morning.  Before the break I had started working on motivational quotes to place around the room

Their work in the 1st two days, motivated me to finish the job. Tuesday was a great day!















Tuesday Stats

Going viral was never really the goal, but having more than the day before always helps.  254 to 263 ain't too bad.  In life there needs to be improvement; sometimes its small, and other times it's larger than life. It's somewhat like teaching, you expect to have improvement, because improvement shows learning.  And if your kids aren't learning, then well, maybe, you're not teaching.








Wednesday

Now no lie, Wednesday was a toughie.  Tuesday-Friday nights I work a 2nd job (at a mental hospital--yep I said it, a mental hospital). So Wednesday mornings are always tough.  My roster has been increasing this week, mainly because high-school students who live in a high risk area, know how to take care of their mental health--ie, they start school later in the 1st week (lol).  In any case Wednesday was tough; their motivation was a bit low and so was my energy. 

I found myself motivating them to find out 'how to work the problem', rather than just 'googling' the answer.  We have to hold the next generation to a higher standard; if we don't we as humans can't evolve, can't improve 

This was why there was a #WednesdayWisdom tag rather than the motivation






Wednesday Stats

These tweets were never meant to go viral, but I did hope to get some attention with them. However, when I happened to look at the stats, I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed, and not satisfied.  I didn't know if it was because it was a generic gif or whether the message was wrong, or what.  But, I wasn't satisfied.  So I tweeted again.















Wednesday Tweet II

The funny thing about motivation and inspiration is stubbornness.  The fact of not giving up, not wanting to give up, and keep going on.  Keep on keepin' on was the theme of the day, and theme of
the week.  I found this jpeg and if seemed to fit my mood exactly, and the stairs were the perfect backdrop.  Unsatisfied with my results, I tweeted again with a different message and a new hash tag--#WednesdayMotivation













....and sometimes when you are persistent, it pays off.

Most impressions of the week (303), that is the definition of motivation












Thursday


Feeling good going into the weekend I was ready to go to war with Thursday.  Much like Wednesday, it would be a tough day.  Due to having a one car household with a little one, I had to let my wifey take the car so the little one could make it to the doctor.  But would that stop me from motivating others?  Of course not, it would just give me greater focus and drive.



I wanted recognition for this day, I wanted to seize it.




However, my message failed flat much like my first tweet on Wednesday.

Thursday
(Stats)



121 impressions and 1 engaged in reading the quote.  That's a flat-line. I had to do better I had to come harder, better--I, had to seize the common occasion and make it great.   And what better way to do that then with a hip-hop icon.  


When times are rough and hard, there is no one I go to more for inspiration than Tupac Shakur.






This was a bit of an anomaly with me.  I thought this would of garnered more of a reaction. 




However, it didn't.  I only got 182 impressions.  I wasn't satisfied with my effort.  The day had been long, I was off-schedule without a car, took an Uber to job 2, and was tired from the week.


These aren't reasons, these are excuses. My numbers didn't do what I wanted them to do, I didn't get the reaction I wanted.  I wanted to do better next time.








Friday

I will admit, Friday, I lost steam.  I had business to handle in the morning which prevented me from going to the school, but not losing sight of the goal--#motivation.  So I tweeted twice, with minimal results.  This was the first one:








With only 168 impressions and 2 engagements, I had done better, and knew I could do better.  I wanted to show gratitude, and motivate, but also wanted people to be able to get the message.

So I tweeted again--









This was the final tweet of the #motivation series for the week.  This will not be the last time I participate in a challenge, or with a group.  I am hoping to engage people more, not only on twitter, but with all my social media--including this blog. I am a writer by nature, and I will continue to write, not only here, but other blogs, posts, ezines, and magazines.







Once again with only 149 impressions and 1 engagement, it was one of my lowest impressed tweets.  But I will continue on, taking the small steps in the right direction












So once again, Happy 2018, and remember--you don't have to be negative like some in our society.

You too can help #MotivateOthers.  

My name is Clarence, and I've approved this message! lol















No comments:

Post a Comment