Monday, January 22, 2018

Last Week (wk of 1/14/18)

It’s my week to piss off the world.  If you want it, you got it; this old grey haired bastard is ready.

Sunday fun-day, and the fire crackles to my feet. The household’s tilted, smiles stay crooked, baby eyes gleam, and the dream gets deferred.  We let red and grey, jagged eyed demons in the kitchen.  Turned us to green eyed bandits from Baltimore, and you over-stand just how filthy that city is.

Somehow making it to midnight, with ID required liquid percentages, rolling and swishing around in our bellies.  

I signed up for crazy.  For bat-shit, fecal matter being used for make-up kind of crazy. Like auditory hallucinations that, talk to old friends who ain’t nowhere around, kind of crazy. Like drooling midgets jump from beds to door, slam it, then jump back on bed yelling, “give me your keys” in a Russian accent, kind of crazy.

Didn’t sign up for girl drama past 30, when we’re all supposed to be professionals. Yet some can’t communicate with others, so the, incredible shrinking supervisor needs to monitor meetings like refs at a high stakes sporting event.  
Didn’t sign up to be the only consistent floor lieutenant, swash-buckling nightly with nutty and buddies.
Wasn’t prepped to work with no account lazy ass PA’s with MA’s who feel they’re “too good” to empty trash at the end of the night.  Guess maybe I work too hard for all that.

And Wednesday I was called a nigger at work.
And Wednesday I was called a nigger at work by one of the patients
And Wednesday I was called a nigger at work by one of the crazy ass patients.

I signed up for crazy, not disrespect.  Even if it was motivated by crazy.

Finally it’s Friday, more like fried-day, because attitude can’t adjust to any more angles of blatant disregard, disrespect, or denial. Done.

Good luck kiddos, your teacher’s pissed, his mean mug is real, stay off his bad side, or you will surely get the wrath.

Bout 8:15am, student comes in late.  He gets on the computer like he’s supposed to. Two minutes goes by, he has out his phone, I go by and tell him, ‘please put your phone away’.  He does. Two more minutes goes by, and he has his phone out again.  I go by a second time, ‘please give me your phone, it’s a rule not to have it out.’  He blurts out ‘Chill!!’--like I’m one of his peers.  No.  ‘Sir you can go see the dean’ I reply calmly.  He gets up, hotter than a Juneteenth celebration in Pulaski, TN.  He marches angrily toward the door, then trips over the chair.  As I turn around to watch him, pick himself up off the floor, he yells ‘Fuck you!!’

I’m not paid enough, I ain’t carin’ that much; bitch, I been in a mood all week. This ain’t the cherry, it’s the whole damn dessert--on Friday.  These kids done lost they damn mind.  Know the rule, break the rule, confronted on the rule, and then throws a fit when consequences happen?!

I’m good, fuck that crazy, fuck them kids, and fuck this week. I radically accept the fact that I’m not good. This week I pissed off a lot of people, and I’m ok with that. Life is hard sometimes, but I refuse to quit. I will continue, not because I must, but because I am able.  


No comments:

Post a Comment