Friday, February 23, 2018

The Device of Fear

Fear. It's a real verifiable, definable, and measurable thing.  For people fear of failure usually tops the list.  However, fear of success hits an invisible higher plane.
  • Oh my goodness, what if this project takes off and really goes where I want it to go
  • What if they actually call me for an interview, hell--what if I get the job
  • How can I be a good parent if I don't know what good parenting looks like
  • What if I do finish the book, and the marketing plan works?
"Oh shit!" is usually what comes to mind.  Oh shit, I got the job, or oh shit, the marketing for the book took off, and I have people calling me for statements, and has questions about my next project, oh shit, oh shit oh shit!  Everything's going to voicemail till I figure it out!

You know your project, or your business, or how to get things done; but when someones questions you on specifics, you freeze, because of different reasons.  Sometimes you freeze because you have a trial and fail kind of method, and they may think that's not a good strategy.  Or you freeze because you don't well with direct confrontation.

Whatever the case, whatever situation, whatever the fear, I say

GO FOR IT !!!

What do you have to lose?  Now granted I may be preaching to the choir or some may think I'm a hypocrite because I'm not a independent business owner.  However, I am a risk taker, I have published two books, and working on a third.  I spend my day working two jobs to support a family I made on a 'surprise we're pregnant' move, and went for it.

So again I say to hell with fear, hit publish on Createspace, or hit submit on that application, or continue to write that book even though dozens of publishers have passed on it.

Don't stop, Don't quit, Don't give into fear....

Don't quit, on your dream!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment