Sunday, July 8, 2018

Perseverance all Raw'd Up

Let me clarify, I don’t want to write this post.  I think it’s silly, to say the least.  Too planned too publicized, too “done” already.  But I’m a man of his word, so here you go.

Perseverance, really?  It is what we say it is.  It’s continuing on through the storm, through the muck and mud, and people slinging negative affection all over your twitter feed. (we have no idea what that even means) It’s riding the dark horse on a sunny day, more naked than Lady Godiva, just because you said you would.

Stick to your word people.

  • I’ve had my ass kicked plenty of times via life.  There was that time about 20 years ago when I finally got a poetry feature in Atlanta, and no one showed, (but I was like fuck it, Imma keep doin’ this spoken word shit).  
  • And then there was that time about 5 years before that when I was in school and got hustled for my tuition money, (yeah, that one sucked ass.) however I did find a way to go back and get my BA.  
  • And recently about 7 years ago, I skee-skirted out of Omaha, (bad tags, no license) and landed in Denver--was homeless for a few months, but I hustled through it.

Perseverance--really?? We’ve all gone through some shit right??  If you haven’t, then you ain’t lived.  

My advice, get off your Mama’s couch and go try something.  It’s as they all say--character building.  

Say you’re going to accomplish something, better yet promise it, commit to it and don’t stop doing that shit till you get there.

Call me Poet402, call me Former402poet, call me Nabraska, call me Clarence.  Call me published, call me a writer, call me a fuckin’ poet, call me a spoken word artist, and when you get done with all that, call me a failure.  But you can call me that, because I’ve done those things.  I’ve been on that dark horse on sunny day riding naked screaming poetry for 20 years now--yep, I’m that old!

Perseverance.  I’ve failed and gotten the hell back up--have you?  When you persevere you don’t wallow, you don’t stay down in that mud puddle, you get the hell up, with a wet ass, and get to movin’.  You accept that failure, accept the fact that shit didn’t go right, that plans fall apart. You:

Accept the fact that you are human.

Then you can start to move, I mean really move.  I mean you start diving into that reflection, and having opinions bounce off of you like rubber, because you’ve done it.  You gave your honest and best effort, failed, and lived through it. 

That’s perseverance.

And that’s it kids.  When we say, keep doin’ you, that what it means, keep doin’ you till you gets up and shines.  Now go on out there and persevere. 

And if this blog-post didn’t hit you the right way, or inspire your socks off...it’s cool, I’ve failed before, and my black ass knows how to get the hell up!

Love, peace and kisses--Boom!  



No comments:

Post a Comment