Friday, October 12, 2018

Why I Am With The Movement #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha

A few years back, I was at work (on Twitter) and it happened to be Sunday.  I came across a hashtag that was blowin' up my timeline.  It was #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha I was immediately intrigued, because so many people were hashtagging and posting.  So I started to check out the post, and to my surprise, they were all these super positive, uplifting quotes--and I LOVE quotes!

Since my curiosity was peaked, I wanted to know who Marsha was, and if I wanted to be a part of this "movement".  So I decided to follow her and check her tweets out, peep her website, and all that.  Come to find out, she's a entrepreneur, author, and brand influencer (and she was a
black lady with a English accent--nice!)  

I was sold. Tweeting out positive messages on life, leadership, being an entrepreneur; these were all things I could relate to.  At the time I was a supervisor at an all girls youth treatment facility--and positivity was at a premium.  After doing research on the hashtag, the one rule was that you could not tweet about yourself or you business etc.  It was just positivity for the sake of positivity and upliftment.  So I got on the bandwagon and started tweeting out positive quotes.

The result was AMAZING.  Not only was I getting retweets and all that, I was getting followers, and started engaging with them. However, I think the best thing about it was that I started feeling good on Sundays, and that energy reverberated to my staff, and Sundays got better. 

So I stay pushin' positive messages out there to folks.  I am an entrepreneur, a author, a leader, and tweeting out #ThinkBIGSundayWithMarsha reminds me of that, and the responsibility that comes with it.  So on Sunday tweet, get involved with the movement.  And if you get chance before that, give a shout out to @marshawright and give thanks to a lady who is doin BIG thangs to make us better.    

Thanks Marsha!

No comments:

Post a Comment