Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rebounding from a bad week---posting Wednesday 3-19-14

So I admit, I got real lazy on this post and have added a video to "enhance" the experience. Yea, right, just joking...I'm lazy and don't feel like typing so in order to save me, I just did a video. However, there is some poetry below, so check the vid, the doodles and the poety...yay, and thanks.
402~~~


Here is the Tuesday doodle from 3-11







So sorry that's it's like really barren, but honestly, I just was not feelin' it on Tuesday of last week.  Like I said, last week was shit, shit, shit.













And Thursday's doodle 3-13






Yep, it got a bit better by Thursday....but not much.  We did TCAP testing Tuesday and Wednesday, and everyone (kids and staff) were kinda wiped so that's why the doodles are what they are...sorry...but yea, not really.











Lookout....here comes FRIDAY!!!!...and Monday wrapped into one!!






So yea, I was on some paper saving, incomplete page kinda stuff when I did this.  Friday, one of our lovely boys did not follow directions and when the fire drill occurred, he went on a little excursion through the neighborhood, and kicked some trash cans.  Luckily our neighbors weren't offended and mom came and picked his ass up.













So yea, Monday 3-19 was like a new start for me.  All last week I was on time, and to date, I've been on time.  I'm not completely over it, but I'm workin' on it.  Two things on Monday was one of our two girls kinda blew in the room....if you see the doodle about "horns sprouting", its a reference to her and how her hair looked as she was acting out and playing with the air vents.
The 2nd thing was my teacher gave me the floor to help with the slam poetry stuff he wanted to do.  It went cool but I had one kid, 8th grader, who was having a shit morning and didn't want to do it.  So I ended up talking to him, but he wouldn't give into what was bothering him.  So I did what any poet would do and penned a piece about it from what I thought was his viewpoint...please view below...


Bottle Top


Sodas and pops

used to come in glass bottles
with a cap on top.
You could shake them,
with all the force you have
then, pop the top…
and soda would spread everywhere.


My chest gets like that sometime (carbonated)


Pressurized to the point of
breaking and popping
yet my rib cage and chest plate
can’t be popped unless
I’m sedated on a surgeon’s table
and today, that’s just not the case


Something happened to me

this morning before my day began;
Like someone was shaking the
shit outta my bottle &
I was ready to spit soda outta everywhere.


I wear my heart on my sleeve,

feelings on my face; if I’m
pissed you know it,
like this soda that’s been shaken…
just don’t ask me to explain it;
Refuse to verbalize it;
don’t give me some b.s.
feelings assignment--
poetry is gay-er than that
kid I hate who took my seat--


Fuck ya’ll



It’s 10 am and I still got

this same defeated look
plastered on my face.
I got “support” followin’ me
and checkin’ up on me
like they some CIA agents
waitin’ on a Hiroshima type effect
to happen on the 2nd floor

Carbonation may have
crept down; but bubbles remain
rising from the bottom, making it
to the top--just not pushing the top,
off…
I am a Pepsi bottle with a knot
in the middle

It’s lunchtime, & I’m hopeful
that spicy chicken will burn
these bubbles that tightens my chest
Maybe, if spicy enough, the chicken
will make my eyes water, and tear up,
so I can finally release….

It’s 2pm and I’m joking and smiling
All is not well, but its better
You can tell from my tone and
slouching position, I have
given up, I don’t care--
I dare you to redirect
my sleeping stance.





Tuesday 3/18 was not a real bad day...they have a program that they run called "Why Try"...the curriculum kinda sucks and the kids hate it, but we all gotta suffer through it.  In any case, this is the majority of what the doodle is about, because they were talking about crabs in a hot pot, pulling each other down etc.  Here is a "poem-thought" I had when doodling.

Red Crab
sits & stews 
with Anger & blues
b/c authority figures
figure to help him out
but red crab (would)
rather stew in hot pot
& burn in own dramatic 
pity--




So Wednesday was pretty chill, a small bump over competition at the end, but nothing really major.  TCAP testing resumed this week, and I jotted down some poetic thoughts...if you can't read them then read below...enjoy...

3 Shorts on Wednesday

My parents were 
quick to snap with a 
“who the hell do you think you are?”
Anytime I half-ass 
came sideways at them--
Experience in humility, 
at least weekly,
until I became humble,
in my delivery.

Brainstormin' backdrops 
for needle drop beats
inter-netted to me—mp3,
conversion.  Society ill
sick, not shut-in; shuttin' 
out more than what justice 
ever did; so I talk to 
the streets with my 9 as 
penicillin shootin' out the 
viruses invading righteous 
space.

In my
blue shirt, blue jeans,
blue tie, & shoes,
he told me
I reminded him of the ocean—
I replied
relaxing right???
Took me back to 
New Years', San Diego...
Today, 
I don't hate that kid.


So that's the post folks, I won't be back until after Sunday because I got a performance coming up for a charity benefit.  I'll post the flyer below and update the blog sometime next week to let you know how it all went...duccies (deuces) for now...

Photo
They forgot to put me on the flyer, but eh oh well...i'll try to get a pic with Lyfe for proof...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment