Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Random Pics, some repeats, and maybe some poetry, or commentary


Sooooo....it's Tuesday, and instead of doing an intricate doodle, I cleaned out my phone of pics from this year, and decided to post them.  Some of them are repeats, some not.  The other thing is I will post either some poetry, or do some commentary about the pics.  




 I decided to keep the pics kinda small as to somewhat protect the identity of the kids involved but, well...you get the jest right...hope so.  At the park we took a small group, and we had a good time.  We did have a snowball fight that day, which was....AWSOME!!





 Yep, I had some zip-line trip stuff on my phone, so, I wanted to make sure they were somewhere before I totally deleted them after.  So if there are repeats here, sorry, sometime a picture is like food, it gets better the second go-round!





This was a pretty fun day.  We had the boys work the majority of the morning and then go outside. (Don't worry, it was a beautiful spring day)  But this was a team-building activity we did with the boys.  Mr. Gilbert had a couple of pipes he taped together and filled with water.  The boys had to act as a team and carry the pipe around the soccer field.  They struggled, and only two gave up...I kinda felt like it was a win for them...they tried hard and the majority didn't quit.




So this is the end of the pictures.  I think I'll come back this afternoon and maybe do some more.  For now (5/14/14 @ 11:38am) this is it.











I wanted to come back to this doodle because I doodled an absolute fact.  At my school the criteria for passing onto the next grade level is to ATTEND 95% or better of the time, however the MASTERY OF CONTENT is ONLY 60% or better??....Is it just me, or is something not adding up?  So what my school is saying is "if you attend, you can pass."  At least that's my understanding of it, because what child really learns if they're only mastering 60% of the information?  So if you're at school every day, but not paying attention in your class, then you still pass???---sounds like some Affective Needs/SPED shit to me.

And unfortunately, this is a school-wide policy, not a special ed. policy!  I did say this would be commentary, not a fuss session, so I won't get all ethnic about what I think of the statement, however I will state it is not the best thought out statement.  Now I know with our SPED children, a 95/60 ratio may be pretty good, but this is due to factors such as unstable home-life, poor decision making abilities, and having arguments over how bad or good the Raiders are.  

My boys are super loud and it's pretty hard to concentrate here, so I'm going to check out amazon and feel better about my life.....

No comments:

Post a Comment