Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday Morning

It is Sunday, and about 8:19am here I am sitting in front of my computer thankful for having time at work to pen off some poetry.  Last night wasn't bad; patients ok for the most part, and co-workers worked and team happened. 

I am grateful and thankful for your presence here.  I am thankful you are reading my words.  I am thankful you are spreading the word. 

This month has been more than just writing poems.  It is watching the news and governors and president, and waiting on the word to get back to work.  It is hand-washing and stimulus checks, extended time with immediate family, and figuring out how we bury our dead.

So I offer these poems which have nothing to do with what I just wrote above.  These are #vss365 poems.  These are poems about the word #blue or the color #blue. 

However I wish you wellness in whatever form that may be.  I wish you comfort, smiles, and a speed recovery back to whatever your normal looks like.  And if this new normal is better than the old, than I wish you greatness in your new recovery.  Ashe'

Untitled 1


The flu may be #blue,
but 
that other virus 
is black--
Communities under 
constant attack,
but we already knew that.
Sickness political, 
like the color of the pachyderm 
red hot, unstable spot
but that be what happens
when 
The Vote
flops, and we get this germ

__________________________________________

Untitled 2

Say trombone!
blow me some #blues
Dig Lucille up,
and put her on the track too;
help put this 
evil behind me,
and tell some livin’ truths.


We be strong,
but lies be a battle,
takin’ sticks 
to glass ceilings 
and makes them sucka’s 
shatter. 


Am more than
the stereotypes, the hype,
and shit bout 
super-predators
need to re-write the story
with a bomb ass editor


So the tale is told
#blues is written, 
life ain’t perfect, but
life is still kickin’
________________________________

We'll do a third poem maybe later today if things go well. If not, then enjoy the two that are here. 
And be well, I mean that.


No comments:

Post a Comment